Volume 5, Number 12
From the Desk of:
James R. Brandt, DC. FACO
President, Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists
Good Morning Doctor,
Looking back over this year so many positive events and developments have occurred. I’m not so sure so many events and activities have taken place with the Academy in its life time. Events and activities just keep accelerating in depth and scope. This could not have happened without the work of so many members. Here are just a few events, some are still evolving that will be evident as 2007 unfolds.
- Development of the 2010 project, this is so large and in depth, it is still being detailed. It looks like January now before it goes on the website. It has taken more time than anticipated; not only from the committee because of the volume of data, and the Delphi process encompassed many Diplomates thought-out North America. Logistics was more than anticipated.
- Discussions with 3 different institutions regarding orthopedic issues and development.
- Next Diplomate examination May 5, 2007 at NUHS.
- Granting of $3200 to various institutions, FCER and the Lipe Scholarship for undergraduate orthopedic students.
- Grant process now in place for colleges/universities post-graduate departments for development of new orthopedic programs to attract new students for classes.
- Adding new Board members to assist in development and managing the various projects.
- Continuing communication with State Boards, government, industry, specialty groups, legal, managed care credentialing bodies and answering questions to various entities if someone is credentialed.
- Developing new committees to pursue various avenues of development, re-credentialing, membership, examination development and professional relations.
- The Carl Nixon Scholarship development has been set in motion. Committee members are being added.
- Anticipate membership list to be available on line in 2007.
- Look for some questionnaires to be sent to you in 2007, these will be computer generated and will only take a couple of minutes to complete. They will be issue specific.
There are other things that are on the drawing board or in the embryonic stage. The Academy Board is working to make your membership in this organization worth your time and dollars. We need you to be engaged, if you have interests and talents that can help your Academy, please e-mail me.
I would like to meet and talk to as many of you as I can at the ACCO convention at the Wigwam Resort in Phoenix April 27-29, 2007.
Thank you everyone! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a very Happy New Year. I do hope it is prosperous for you and your families.
Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another – John Dewey
The PDF version of this letter can be viewed or downloaded below:
December 2006 PDF