Stephen Capps, DC, FACO, FICC
President, Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists
Over the past months the committees of the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists (ACO) have been tasked to review, improve and redesign the various functions of each Academy department and their web site presentation.
Current and future redesign and development of Academy departments and functions will include:
- The Academy board has engaged in a total redesign of the existing web site. The new Academy web site should be on line by the first of July. However, development will continue over the next month. Please visit the site frequently at www.dcorthoacademy.com to view the most recent additions and latest developments.
- The Academy membership committee is currently redefining membership benefits to include an enhanced member web page for each active member.
- The Journal of the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists will soon be presented in a PDF format to enhance reading and download capabilities.
- The Academy Delphi Committee is actively engaged in developing updated clinically pertinent multiple choice questions (MCQ) for both the diplomate certification and re-certification exams.
- The next orthopedic specialty board certification examination is scheduled to occur on 14 November 2009 on the campus of National University of Health Sciences / National College of Chiropractic in Lombard, Illinois.
- The next re-certification examination for current orthopedic specialty board certified Diplomates will take place concurrently on the same day and location. Please visit the Academy web site as additional information is posted.
- NO additional or annual fee is required for continued use of the Diplomate of the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists (DACO) credential earned by the Academy specialty board certification examination. Re-certification and re-credentialing is a voluntary process.
- Re-credentialing continuing education hours as presented by the American College of Chiropractic Orthopedists (ACCO) are approved by the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists (ACO).