ACCO Conference Proceedings 2017
April 27th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV
Submitted by Deanna O’Dwyer, DC, FACO
Published: June 2017
Journal of the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists
June 2017, Volume 14, Issue 2
This is an Open Access article which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. The article copyright belongs to the author and the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists and is available at: http://www.dcorthoacademy.com. © 2017 ACCO and the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists.
Clinical Considerations and Interventions for Rotational Athletes.
Joshua Satterlee, DC
Rotational athletes presents special challenge to the healthcare provider during highspeed rotation, like that of the golf swing. Most of the body’s structures, including spine, muscles, ligaments, and additional joints, are involved in rotational sports. The objectives for this course are to offer Doctors of Chiropractic a systematic method for evaluation and treatment of injuries in rotational athletes. Each participant will immediately gain an understanding and ability to break down and understand these difﬁcult cases
- Anatomy involved in rotational sports
- The logical roadmap to dissect rotational sports
- Clinical testing for rotational athletes lecture
- Lab Activity: Testing Rotational Athletes (diagnostic protocol)
- Treatments for Hip and Spine limitations
- Treatments for Shoulder, Ankle, and Tibial limitations
- Rehab progressions for Hip Rotation
- Rehab progressions for Spine limitations
- Rehab Progressions for the Shoulder
Connecting the Field to the Practice for the Functional Athlete
Sean D. Drake D.C.
Introduction to Sports Chiropractic and the approach by the on-field Chiropractor. Understand the field and office dynamics of the functional Athlete Upper Extremity. Review of Rapid Assessment & Emergency Protocol for the athlete.
Hands on – How to assess and approach performance with Chiropractic. On field assessment of the athlete and qualifying when and when not go adjust. Upper Extremity overview and application for the athlete.
Understand the field and office dynamics of the functional Athlete Lower Extremity. Review of Rapid Assessment & Emergency Protocol for the athlete.
Hands on – How to assess and approach performance with Chiropractic. On field with the athlete and qualifying when and when not go adjust. Lower Extremity overview and application for the athlete.
A Chiropractic Orthopedic Approach to MRI Interpretation
James Demetrious, DC, FACO
An intuitive, evidence based course related to indications, utilization and interpretation of MRI in the chiropractic setting. Course attendees will receive current and advanced perspectives that are clinically relevant and useful.
- MRI physics/basic sequences
- MRI anatomy/physiology/injury manifestations
- ACR Appropriateness Criteria/Chiropractic Indications
- Clinically Relevant MRI manifestations
- Cervical Cranial Junction
- Intervertebral Disc
- Posterior Joints
- Musculoskeletal manifesations
- Case reviews/Chiropractic Recommendations/Treatment Protocols Based on MRI findings
- New and exciting MRI technologies: fMRI, Upright MRI, Diffusion Tensor Imaging