About The Academy
Members of the Academy are designated as Fellows of the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists (FACO). Academy membership is comprised of specialty board certified chiropractic orthopedists. These are doctors of chiropractic who have completed extensive post-doctoral or graduate level education in non-surgical orthopedics, biomechanical, and neuromuscloskeletal medicine, and have passed a specialty board certification examination to become board certified chiropractic orthopedists (Diplomate). The Academy is independent from all chiropractic political and trade organizations. No other chiropractic organization membership is necessary for membership in the Academy.
The Mission of the Academy is to provide, through a membership organization for board certified chiropractic orthopedists, a venue for the exchange of clinical information, promote continuing education in chiropractic orthopedics and publish in a peer reviewed and an indexed journal “The Journal of the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists“ (JACO). The Academy provides a specialty board certification process(es) and maintains specialty credentials through maintenance of credentials and a competency program in chiropractic orthopedics.
The Academy presents an initial specialty board certification examination and a re-certification process for the specialty. The Academy maintains a yearly mandatory re-certification process available for Fellows of the Academy.
The Academy sponsors the Congress of Diplomates at the annual American College of Chiropractic Orthopedists convention. The Congress is for presentation of papers and case studies.
- President – James R. Brandt DC, MPS, FACO
- Vice President – Kim A. Skibsted DC, FACO
- Secretary – Loren Miller DC, FACO
- Treasurer – Christopher Hammer DC, FACO
- Board Member – Thomas Wicks DC, PhD, FACO
- Public Member – Steve Wells MBA
- Associate Board Member – Greg Priest DC, FACO
- Associate Board Member – James Demetrious DC, FACO
- Associate Board Member – Stan Bacso DF, FACO, FCC (C)
- Executive Director – Jerrold R. Wildenauer DC, FACO
- Director of Graduate Education – Julia Bartlett DC, PhD, FACO
- Master of Science: Clinical Chiropractic Orthopedics Committee Chairman – Ronald C. Evans DC, FACO
- PM&R MSc Committee Chairman – Ronald C. Evans DC, FACO
- Examination Committee Chairman – Thomas Wicks DC, PhD, FACO
- Re-credentialing Committee Chairman – Loren Miller DC, FACO
- Membership Chairman – Kim Skibstead DC, FACO
- Dr. Carl Nixon Scholarship Chairman – James Lehman DC, MBA, FACO
International Committee Members – International Liaisons
- Shawn Henderson DC, FACO – Canada
- Joyce Miller DC, FACO – Europe
- Francisco Diaz DC, FACO – Mexico and Central America